Fortunately, today it is possible to acquire housing not only on the basis of purchase and sale, donation, exchange, inheritance, and other methods, but also through the privatization of the state housing stock.
Our lawyers will provide advice on all issues of apartment privatization, the possibility of free privatization, the privatization procedure, as well as any other issues that you have during the privatization.
Our lawyers will help you prepare the necessary documentation for the implementation of privatization, as well as go through the procedures for privatizing an apartment.
Privatization of the state housing stock is the alienation of apartments (houses), apartments in dormitories intended for families and single persons, rooms in apartments and single-family houses where two or more tenants live, and utility structures and premises related to them (basements, sheds etc.) of the state housing stock in favor of the citizens of Ukraine.
At the same time, the state housing stock is the housing stock of local councils and the housing stock, which is under the full economic management or operational management of state enterprises, organizations and institutions.
Thus, if you live in state-owned residential premises on the basis of a lease agreement, you can receive such residential premises in private ownership by privatizing it free of charge.
What housing can be privatized
In order to privatize a dwelling, it must be used on a rental basis and fall into one of the following categories:
- apartment buildings
- single-family houses
- rooms in apartments and single-family houses where two or more tenants live
Ways of privatization
Privatization can be carried out in two ways:
- free transfer of apartments (houses) to citizens based on the sanitary norm of 21 square meters of total area for the tenant and each member of his family and an additional 10 square meters for the family
- sale of surplus of the total area of apartments (houses) to citizens of Ukraine living in them or those who are in the queue in need of better housing conditions
If the total area of the apartment is less than the area that the tenant's family is entitled to receive free of charge, the tenant and his family members are issued housing checks, the amount of which is determined based on the size of the missing area and the replacement cost of one square meter. When the total area of the apartment (house) exceeds the area that the tenant's family has the right to receive free of charge, the tenant makes an additional payment with securities received for the privatization of state enterprises or land, and in case of their absence, with money. The amount of surcharges is determined by the product of the size of the excess total area by the cost of one square meter.
Also, regardless of the size of the total area, citizens can be transferred to the property free of charge:
- one-room apartments
- apartments (houses) received in the event of the demolition or eviction of all families from houses (parts of houses) that belonged to them by right of ownership, if the former owners did not receive monetary compensation for these houses (parts of houses)
- apartments (houses) inhabited by citizens who have this benefit established by the Law of Ukraine “On the Status and Social Protection of Citizens Affected by the Chernobyl Disaster”
- apartments (houses) in which citizens who were awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union, Hero of Socialist Labor, awarded the Order of Glory of three degrees, veterans of the Great Patriotic War, internationalist soldiers, disabled groups I and II, disabled since childhood, labor veterans who have worked less than 25 years old - women, 30 years - men, veterans of the Armed Forces and repressed persons rehabilitated in accordance with the Law of Ukraine "On the rehabilitation of victims of political repressions in Ukraine"
- apartments (houses) in which the families of those killed in the performance of state and public duties and at work live
- apartments (houses) in which military personnel live, who are provided with benefits by the Law of Ukraine “On social and legal protection of military personnel and members of their families”
- apartments (houses) in which large families live (families with three or more minor children)
The privatization procedure consists of the following steps:
- filing an application for privatization with the privatization authority
- submission of a certificate of family composition and occupied premises (issued by an enterprise that services a residential building)
- providing a document confirming the right to preferential terms of privatization (if the tenant or members of his family have benefits for free obtaining of occupied housing)
- adoption by the privatization body within 1 month from the date of submission of the documents of the decision on privatization (privatization can be refused only if the premises are not subject to privatization)
- issuance of a certificate of ownership of an apartment (house), which is subject to registration with the technical inventory authorities and does not need to be notarized
Cases related to the privatization of the housing stock require special qualifications and experience. This is explained by the fact that state property becomes private property and the control on the part of the privatization body to the execution of documents, the existence of grounds for privatization is significantly increased. Everything is complicated by the fact that there is less and less state property, and there are more and more people who want to privatize it.
Our lawyers will provide you with qualified assistance at any stage of the implementation of the privatization of an apartment (state housing stock).